The purpose of Women’s Ministry at First Presbyterian Church is to glorify God. We provide avenues for personal spiritual growth and the development of spiritual gifts, expressing our God-given commission through fellowship, Bible study, encouragement, prayer support, care and assistance in time of need, thus equipping and touching the lives of women who in like manner share the love of Christ with families, the community, the nation and the world.
Our spring Bible studies have wrapped up, but we are looking forward to our Summer Book Club and Pursuit of Godliness series. More information on our summer events will be available soon!
- College Women’s Bible study will continue to meet on Wednesday nights at 7:30 p.m. For more information, email Liz Cooper at [email protected].
- Young Professional Women’s Circle Bible study will meet weekly on Tuesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. in the Bridge, Room 125. For more information, email Marie Louise Bowers at [email protected].
The Foundry Program
The Foundry is our one-on-one mentorship program where women are paired up to meet one-on-one throughout the year for discipleship and to build intergenerational relationships. For questions about The Foundry, email Marie Louise Bowers at [email protected].
Women of the Church
View the board, calendar, and constituition on the WOC page.
- March 5 - Prayer Emphasis
- April 20 - Jubilee Birthday Luncheon (Click here to register)
- May 18 - General Meeting and Salad Day Luncheon
September through May
Monthly groups that meet for Bible study, fellowship, service, and prayer. Our 16 Circles are organized through the Women of the Church and meet both at the church and regionally.
Attention all Ladies! Anyone wishing to join a circle, please check the list below to see which suits your schedule best, and then just come!
Sunday School Classes
Women’s Bible Class:
Education Building, room 304
Women of All Ages
Lisa Higgins & Kathy Davis
Education Building, room 301
Women of All Ages
Marie Louise Bowers