The Church Library for Youth and Adults is in Room 200 of The Bridge with a computer server to locate items. The Children’s Library is in Room 101 of the Education Building. The libraries offer Presbyterian and Reformed literature. The libraries are available weekdays and Sundays. Procedures for check-out are posted in both libraries. The Church Library Online Catalog is available to search the library availability. For assistance, contact Church Librarian Deborah Kirkland at [email protected].
- The Church Library: The Bridge 200
- The Children’s Library: Education Building 101
- The Bridge Bookstore: The Bridge Coffee House
Below are forms and applications for a variety of church functions and events. These forms can be printed, filled out, and returned to the church for processing.
- Auto Draft Application
- Background Check Application
- Memorial Garden Information
- Facility Usage Application
- Wedding Information
- Work Order Request
The Book Service is in the coffee shop of The Bridge on the first floor, the Atrium of Jackson Hall, the reception area of the Ministry Building and offers Presbyterian and Reformed books for purchase for adults and children. A payment envelope is enclosed in each item to place in a secure metal box, the postal mail, or to pay online or via church app. For assistance contact Deborah Kirkland. For assistance email the Church Librarian or call (803) 799-9062, Ext. 603.
First Things is our weekly church newsletter and is mailed or e-mailed to church members. View the newsletter online for current events and calendar. The website newsletter is updated on Thursdays. For assistance contact: [email protected]
The Audio Ministry and Russel Dunbar provide a CD of the 8:30 a.m. Sunday sermon after 11:00 a.m. in the Narthex of the Sanctuary with a payment envelope for $4.00 each.
Radio Broadcast of our 8:30 a.m. Sunday worship service can be heard Sunday mornings at 11:00 a.m. air time on Columbia station WISW 1320 AM, as provided by Russel Dunbar.
Current Sunday Bulletins available online.
Sermon and Lecture Podcasts
The Church Website has provided sermons and lectures, at no charge, since 2006 for listening and for downloading in the MP3 format. You can find these sermons at sermonaudio.com. For assistance with online media contact: [email protected]
- The Archive Room of the church is located on the first floor of the 1420 Lady building. Contact Barbara Shealy reguarding entry.
- Church History
- Copies of the church history book, “The Glory of the Lord Risen Upon It,” First Presbyterian Church, Columbia, SC (1795-1995) may be downloaded here in PDF format. Book copies may be purchased from websites that carry used books.
- Churchyard Information
- Historical documents relating to our church and the churchyard may be accessed at The South Caroliniana Library 803-777-3131 (Librarian) on the campus of the University of South Carolina and at The S. C. Department of Archives and History, 8301 Parklane Road, Columbia, SC, 803-896-6104 (Research Librarian).