The Center was established to encourage and exhort the members of First Presbyterian Church to grow in their knowledge, prayer, and commitment to the Great Commission, and as a place to encourage missionaries who have been called to be part of taking the gospel to the world. It is located on the first floor of the Palmer Building (1420 Lady Street).
Dr. Frank C. Hill passed away in July 2016 leaving a legacy of deep commitment to world missions. He had three great passions. One was a desire to see First Presbyterian Church members educated regarding its missionaries and their work. Second was a commitment to short term missions. He gave himself to medical missions for many years going to a number of countries. Third was a commitment to encouraging missionaries.
Monthly World Mission Prayer
A monthly world mission prayer time is held the 4th Tuesday of the month at 4:00 p.m. in the Frank C. Hill Mission Center.
World Mission Sunday School Class (10:00 a.m. in Mission Center)
Rev. Neal Mathias - Director of Frank C. Hill Missions Center
Rev. Mathias is the Director of World Missions and of the Frank C. Hill Center for World Missions. A graduate of the University of Pittsburgh and Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, he has served as minister of New Hope Presbyterian Church in Tampa, Director of Candidates for World Witness, and then as an Associate Minister for First Presbyterian Church until his retirement in December 2017. He initially came to FPC as Minister of Missions. He and his wife Anne have 3 grown and married children plus 5 grand-children.