And we proclaim Him admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom that we may present every man complete in Christ. - Colossians 1:28
The Youth Ministry of First Presbyterian Church exists to communicate the Gospel of Jesus Christ to Middle and High School students in order that they may become disciples of Christ, engaged in the life of Christ’s church, that are equipped for service in the Kingdom of God as they mature in their Christian lives.
Youth Ministry Pages
Youth Social and Service Events
Youth Event Registration Page
- The Youth meet on the second floor of the Thornwell Education Building and the second floor of the Palmer Building.
- Sunday School - Sunday School classes start at 10:00 a.m.
Sunday evening Youth Group
- Middle School Youth Group meets at 4:30 p.m. in the Family Life Center for snacks, fellowship and worship, during the school year.
- High School Youth Group meets at 7:30 p.m., on the second floor of the Thornwell Building (205&208), following the evening service, during the school year.
Weekly Small Group Bible studies
- During the school year, Middle school youth small groups meet on Wednesday nights during Centerpoint. Groups will meet from 6:15 - 7:00 p.m. on the 2nd floor of the Thornwell building. They will be divided up according to grade.
- During the school year, various other Bible studies meet throughout the week. Contact the youth staff for more information.
- Quarterly retreats - Fall and Spring retreats, Winter trips, and Summer conferences.
- Youth Missions
Summer Mission Trips broaden our students' world view and develop in them a heart for spreading the Gospel. Past mission opportunities have included inner-city work in Columbia, trips to New Orleans, the Bahamas, Appalachia, and Wales. Most trips combine physical labor with relationship building.
Medical and Liability Form
For all of our off-campus activities, we require a Medical and Liability Release form to be signed and notarized for each school year. Download or request one from the youth office.
Opportunities for Service
Opportunities to support the Youth Ministry abound and are not limited to parents of participants in the program. You might provide their refreshments, host a small group in your home, teach a Bible study or Sunday School class. For more information, you can view our volunteer brochure or contact Brad Anderson.
Director of Youth Ministries
(803) 799-9062 Ext. 301
Beth Ann Sample
Assistant Director of Youth Ministries
Middle School Girls
(803) 799-9062 Ext. 239
(803) 799-9062 Ext. 232
This page last updated February 1, 2017.