First Presbyterian, Columbia
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Nursery Guidelines for Parents
1. To protect the health of all our children we cannot accept a child who is ill with a cold or fever (other than from teething). If your child has a badly congested or runny nose, or has had vomiting and/or diarrhea in the last twenty-four hours, please do not bring him to the nursery.
2. We ask that children be placed in their assigned age appropriate room. If there is a question about whether your child is in the correct room, please contact the Nursery Coordinator
3. For security purposes, we ask that parents and older siblings not enter the nursery rooms.
4. Introduce yourself to nursery workers and hand your baby and necessary comforts to the nursery worker at the door.
5. Label all your child's belongings. Your child will receive a name tag to wear on his back once in the nursery.
6. Parents of children in the infant & toddler nursery will receive a pager when they drop off their child. If a child has been crying for more than 15 minutes and the nursery staff is unable to comfort them, the parents will be paged.
7. Please use disposable diapers if possible and provide an adequate supply. The nursery department does not supply diapers except in emergencies.
8. We do not feed baby food in the nursery. A light snack that does not crumble, such as Cheerios, and a bottle are all our volunteers can handle.
9. Please do not visit your child once he has been left if you do not intend to stay. One tearful goodbye is all a little one should be expected to endure and it places an extra burden on the volunteers to once again calm your child.
10. Please pick up your child immediately after the service or church event.
11. No children are allowed in the nurseries unsupervised by a parent when there is no nursery worker present.
12. Parents, please do not transfer equipment, toys, or supplies from one nursery room to another. If there is something needed, please give a request to the Nursery Coordinator.
13. It is a privilege to have use of such fine facilities. Please help us by leaving the rooms neat and orderly.
Our Nursery Coordinator, Beth Grider, is available for any questions or suggestions that you may have. Please call the church office at 799-9062 ext. 233.
Children's Ministry Staff:
Hannah Lampman - Interim Director of Children's Ministries
799-9062, Ext. 237
Beth Grider - Nursery Coordinator
799-9062, Ext. 233