FPC College Connection - A Church Home for Students
First Presbyterian Church ministers to college students in various ways - both those from the church family and those who come to Columbia to study. The church is located a few blocks from the University of South Carolina campus, and in driving distance of other Columbia universities and colleges. Ministry among students includes:
- Sunday worship at 8:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m., and 6:00 p.m.
- A College Sunday School class (10:00 – 10:50 a.m.) in Room 302 of the Palmer Building.
- Topic - 2nd Timothy
- Teacher - Dariusz Brycko
- The Class - The college class provides a place where college students can grow together in Christ while deepening their understanding of the gospel of grace and the relevance of the Scriptures to every aspect of life. The desire of the class is to provide students with the opportunity to examine the Scriptures, enjoy close fellowship with other college and university men and women, and build relationships with adults in the church.
- Periodic college lunches held on the church grounds after the 11:15 a.m. worship services.
- January 20
- February 17
- April 7
- Supper for college students after the evening worship service. The service time is 6:00 – 7:15 p.m. followed by the meal in Jackson Hall.
- Area college campus ministries -